The new Aeron retains the shape of the classic chair, but incorporates Herman Miller’s leading edge ergonomic knowledge and materials science into its remastered design.
Please note we are currently unable to ship Herman Miller products outside of NSW
Special pricing. Limited Stock.
The Aeron Chair - The Masterpiece that has been Remastered!
While the Aeron's iconic form has remained largely unchanged, the Aeron Chair has been remastered from the casters up!
With the help of Don Chadwick, the chair’s original co-designer, Herman Miller have updated the classic Aeron to incorporate more than 20 years of research on the science of sitting, as well as advancements in materials, manufacturing, and technology.
New design innovations to the Aeron include zoned suspension, enhanced spinal support, and intuitive adjustments for enhanced comfort.
Key Design Features:
- One of the key design features that Herman Miller designers focus on is for individuals sitting in Aeron that experiences a cross-performance design. Which means the ergonomic chair fully accommodates the widest possible range of activities and postures people adopt while working, from intense, forward-facing focus to relaxed, contemplative recline.
- Natural Movement: It has been show that staying in one position reduces the natural pumping action of the muscles that deliver nutrients to the inter-vertebral disks. The Aeron chair’s tilt allows it to move with the body in such a natural way that people can shift from forward to reclining postures intuitively. With the new Aeron’s slimmer and updated tilt mechanism it delivers an even more seamless experience of movement (and stillness) to the sitter through a smoother trajectory and optimal balance point. Aeron is designed to keep people in contact with the back of the chair and in control of their continuous movement throughout the entire range of recline.
-Improved Sacral/Lumbar Support: The PostureFit in 2002 that was designed for the Aeron Chair was developed to provide back
support that comfortably sustains the pelvis in its natural forward
tilt—the position the body holds while standing powerfully upright.
Today, by incorporating adjustable sacral and lumbar support, PostureFit SL is able to support the sacral region as well as nurture the natural S-shape of the spine, rotate the pelvis forward, and activate healthful posture—all while sitting upright. A secondary pad provides comfort and support to the lumbar region of the spine. Together, they help strengthen the spine to produce what Herman Miller calls “power posture".
- New 8Z Pellicle offers extraordinary comfort through eight varied zones
of tension in the seat and back. Designed around the human anatomy to
better envelop the sitter.
Each of 8Z Pellicle’s zones serves a specific purpose. Four tight zones engage the sitter and are the first point of contact with the suspension material to reinforce a healthful seated posture. Two nesting zones provide a lower amount of tension to cradle the sit bones and scapulars and reduce pressure in those areas. Two zones of stabilization accommodate the key muscle groups of the sitter at a healthy angle without letting the body sink into the chair. Together, the zones deliver the preemptive support the body needs to stay active throughout the day.
The new 8Z Pellicle also allows body heat to pass through to help maintain an even and comfortable skin temperature.
- Dimensions: This chart below considers your height and weight so that your Aeron Chair gives the right support to your body height and mass. The Aeron Chair is available in three different sizes A, B, and C.
What if I realise I've picked the wrong size after it arrives?
Sit Back & Relax offers a 7 day size swap service so if for any reason your chair arrives and you are not completely happy with the size we can arrange a swap for you.
What are the terms of the warranty?
The Aeron Chair also comes with a 12 year, 3-Shift conditional manufacturers warranty. 3-Shift Warranties mean that they are covered for use 24 hours a day in an office environment.
Do you offer a money back guarantee?
Sit Back & Relax offers a 30 day full refund policy if for any reason you are not completely happy with your chair. (* Limited to single chair purchases. Excludes shipping costs).
Does the chair come fully assembled?
In Sydney metro areas the chair is delivered unbox and fully assembled for your convenience. If you would rather it remained boxed please advise at time of order. Any areas outside of Sydney metro the chair will arrive boxed and with simple assembly instructions
How do I adjust the chair to suit me?
Every chair ships with an instruction manual. You can also view our Aeron Chair operational video over on SBR TV for a full demonstration of the chairs features and functions.
How long will delivery take?
Aerons are almost always in stock however at times of increased demand lead times may vary slightly from 1 – 4 weeks. ALL NON STANDARD CHAIRS (anything other than black base, graphite colour) require 10-12 weeks for delivery.
Can I come and sit in a chair before I buy?
Yes. If you would rather try an Aeron before you buy it, feel free to come and visit us.
The Sit Back & Relax SHOWROOM is located at:
33/112 McEvoy St, Alexandria NSW 2015.
Opening Hours are Mon- Friday 9.30am-5.00pm
I am shopping on behalf of a company, do you offer bulk discounts?
Yes. For corporate and large orders we do custom quotes and contract pricing. Please contact a Sit Back & Relax Corporate Ergonomic Seating Specialist for further information.
- 3 different sized chairs avaible
- Aeron Chair is standard with the full adjustable arm rests
- Tilt Limiter with Seat Angle Adjustment as well as PostureFit SL all standard features
- 12 Year warranty
- GreenTag Certified
655mm Chair Width including Arms
Height 1040mm (max) Chair Height
480mm Seat Width
400mm Seat Depth
405 - 520mm Seat Height
685mm Chair Width including Arms
1065mm Chair Height (max)
515mm Seat Width
430mm Seat Depth
405 - 520mm Seat Height
720mm Chair Width including Arms
1140mm Chair Height (max)
545mm Seat Width
470mm Seat Depth
405 - 520mm Seat Height
|Manufacturers Warranty||12-years, 3-shifts
|Weight Loading||Dependent on size chosen - Max Weight loading is 158kg|
|Custom Options||Yes; please see above.
|Arrange a Trial||